Pages


Welcome! This is my attempt at an Un-official Martha Wainwright Blog. It's been going for a while now and although there was a need to begin with- Since I first started out, Martha's website and Facebook page have lots more info! This is just a back up now really, but hope it is useful :)

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Review(s) of Last Night at the ROH




from This is London

I was there too!

First half was Martha, solo and with the band for a few numbers. Second half started out with Rufus solo and then Martha and the rest of the band joined....

Particularly liked the stuff with Rufus and the band....

First half... There were about 3 new songs played as well as.... urm.... let me try and remember (in no particular order)..... When the Day is Short, Factory, This Life, L'Accordioniste, La Foule, Tell My Sister, The Car Song, Year of the Dragon, I am a Diamond.....

Second half.... have a look at my pic of (someone else's) programme, as think mostly correct.....

The 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' duet with Rufus was fun and gave me a chuckle! But all really good and really like the sound of the band! One of Martha's new songs in the first half was a band song, and really hope there will be more songs in that direction.... as it created a good vibe!

Sorry bit tired, but if I think of something else I will add it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment