Pages


Welcome! This is my attempt at an Un-official Martha Wainwright Blog. It's been going for a while now and although there was a need to begin with- Since I first started out, Martha's website and Facebook page have lots more info! This is just a back up now really, but hope it is useful :)

Wednesday 2 June 2010

A Message from Martha!!

Here:

here i am folding sheets, living out the last days of my domestic bliss. we are taking out the luggage and starting to go through lists of things to do before leaving. gearing up for the transatlantic flight to the meltdown festival in london. hopefully there will be no meltdowns on the plane with the little one, just a smooth flight to start us on our next chapter; an almost full three months of touring in some new places along with family members and a repertoire of piaf songs. last night i sang la vie en rose acapella at the closing party of marina abramovich's "the artist is here" and it reminded me of my favorite thing to do; SING.... and so I hope to see as many of you as possible on tour,
can hardly wait!

MW

Apparently Martha's new website should be up and running very soon indeed, so check it out and of course I will let you know here if I see it- but I am sure a lot of you will be quicker than me to spot it!

Looking forward to catching what I can of the tour!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely. I wish I could have gone to the Marina Abromovich show at MoMA :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that lovely note Martha, and will surely see you in the tour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful message :D Scandinavian dates are not doable for me, though, I'm up north at the time - hope there'll be more dates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah
    Thank you for your very interesting blog !
    Have you seen this pic of Martha and Arcangelo at the MOMA, mentionned in your post ?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/themuseumofmodernart/4669359572/in/set-72157623741486824

    - message from Eline -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Eline,

    No I didn't see it. Thanks, such a lovely and natural photo!

    ReplyDelete